What is Assessment
- Assessment : the wide variety of methods or tools that educators use to evaluate, measure, and document the academic readiness, learning progress, skill acquisition, or educational needs of students.
- Principle: practicality, reliability, validity, authenticity, washback
- Assessment Process
- Step 1: Clearly define and identify the learning outcomes.
- Step 2: Select appropriate assessment measures and assess the learning outcomes.
- Step 3: Analyze the results of the outcomes assessed.
- Step 4: Adjust or improve programs following the results of the learning outcomes assessed.
- 3 types of assessment
- Assessment of Learning (Summative Assessment) : A type of summative assessment that aims to reflect students knowledge of a given area through a grade.
- Assessment for Learning (Formative Assessment) : A type of formative assessment that aims to provide teachers with the necessary data to adjust the learning process while it is happening.
- Assessment as Learning
Assessed Workshop Podcast Case Study Collaborative Wiki/Blog Essay Fieldwork Portfolio (Group/Personal) Presentation (Group/Personal) In-class test Laboratory Practical Assessment Research Project Laboratory Notebook Laboratory Report Literature Review Open-Book Exam Oral Examination Peer Assessment Poster Poster Presentation Project Proposal Research Proposal Self Assessment Site Investiagtion Fieldwork